Sunday, January 30, 2011
I'm In Love...
The idea of love is that one day you find the person you are meant to be with and you two fall in love, get married and start a family. Did it ever occur to the people who popularized this type of love that 98% of the world would be less fortunate to find it. Most of us can never fathom love, or we replace it with so many other things that its true meaning and feelings are thrown out the window and ran over by 3 buses and an 18 wheeler. I always thought that when I fell in love with someone that I would never let them go. I would keep them in my heart forever and never replace them with another. I was wrong. I can honestly say that I have been in love 3 times and only once was the caliber of love I felt reciprocated back to me. I told myself that I would never fall in love again unless I knew I was loved back. The problem with that is the heart is incapable of being controlled. I told a friend the other day that there is no strategy to love. The heart will do whatever it wants and we are powerless to stop it. The title of my blog page is not there as a joke, or as matter of comedy. It is a sad reality I live everyday. Everyday my heart breaks to find that those I love hurt me without second thought. Everyday my heart breaks because its counterpart is still hidden in the world somewhere waiting to be found. Everyday it breaks when it realizes that the one it loves belongs to someone else and everyday it breaks because it can not control itself otherwise. Someone asked me last week if I was in love, I lied and said no. I didn't realize then that I was in love with myself and my inner being. I am in love with the idea of finding someone who will love me unconditionally. My heart breaks to see people who so clearly love each other afraid to commit for fear of missing out on something. At the end of the day, I have come to realize that I am in love with the world and all of its inhabitants. For that my open heart is easily broken. I don't know if my counterpart is here or even on his way. I don't know if every decision I make is taking me further away from him. All I know is that I Am Unconditionally in LOVE with....YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment