Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Jesus is the New Black"

So today i'm wearing a shirt that says "Jesus is the new Black".... I didnt think there was gonna be that many responses to it...I mean and its hella weird cause i dont know if they are commenting in a bad way or a good way!!!! lol..... i mean can someone who has an opinion share with me their feelings on the subject?? In my opinion, shit i like it and that is why i bought it lol.... i dont know if you understand how much this is bothering me... i was in writing 10 and i could not focus thinking about how i was gonna address this problem in my blog lol... so i just left early lol... im such a loser... but anyways, my perspective on the shirt....Black is powerful to me. In general it sends messages whether good or bad, its just a powerful color... When put up against other colors black is the emphasis color. In essence, black is the presence of all colors and that to me is beautiful. When looking at black in terms of race, Black is beautiful baby. As is all other races, we are all one people and all originated from the same thing. Jesus is just the bomb diggity fresh!!!!! Jesus is my homeboy, my savior, my brother and my friend!!!! So for me, to put two things together that i think invoke power is awesome. In essence, my shirt means "Jesus is the new power!" Any comments???

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Correction lol... according to Megan Megan (and i greatly respect her knowledge) black is the absence of all color... but i dont care because black is still beautiful!!!!! :-D

MeganMegan said...

Well first off I enjoyed it. What have people been saying that bothers you?

But I hate to break it to you black is the absence of all color and white is the presence of all color. A way to think about it is that when white light is shone through a prisim it refracts into a rainbow. As well when painting if you put all colors of the rainbow, or all primary colors, together you get a yucky brown color. I hope this doesn't take away from your beliefs about race I'm just saying!!!

Veronica said...

oh no megan megan... i completely understand and as for race that really wasnt an issue. i just knew that ppl would put my shirt in that context..

but i love you Megan Megan...

Anonymous said...

lemme say that I loved ur shirt for the record, it was inspiring not only in a racial sense, but in a sort of religious kinda way. Evryone has their opinion who or what they think God is...i think he is beautiful, and he is Black to me, but all in all i loved ur shirt!

Anonymous said...

actually i shouldnt say God is black, cuz he is a rainbow he represents every1...yuppers!

;-)

Veronica said...

thanks Kiy and yea God is a rainbow to me too.. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ok... so this is how I see it....
I think it is supposed to be looked at as a fashion statement. Black used to be the in thing...everyone wore it cuz its the color that looks good on everyone and makes everyone look thinner but recently bright colors have become the new thing. You stand out with bright colors and you look stylish. But people always come back to making black the new in.

Therefore, producers have chose to make word play off of the fact that black is in. For example I have a shirt that says "rehab is the new black" this just means that rehab is becoming more popular than wearing black.

So all in all your shirt is basically saying that Jesus is in style now and he is more popular than any fashion statement...wearing black included. And that is so cool! I love Jesus! If you did get negative reactions..its basically cuz people didnt understand your shirts meaning.

Tnutty9000 said...

Some people might have see your shirt as disrepectful cause its like saying something is the new black is a fade. but i agree with you. if jesus is a big force in your life it not wrong compare him to other things you feel are powerful..its poetic. Plus jesus is my homeboy.